Basic Life Support
BLS is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. The AHA’s BLS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. This video-based, Instructor-led course teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both in-facility and prehospital settings.
This is the International English version of the BLS Course. The training materials have been adapted to include metric units of measure and other references that apply to students outside the U.S. and Canada.
For healthcare professionals who need the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner.
Content and Modules
- Importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Application of the steps of the Chain of Survival
- Signs of someone needing CPR
- High-quality CPR skills acquisition for adults, children and infants
- Importance of early use of an AED
- AED skill demonstration
- Effective ventilations with a barrier device
- Multirescuer resuscitation and skill acquisition
- Techniques for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults, children and infants
- Students can choose either option for their course materials. Click the blue " Purchase eBook" button to buy directly from the AHA eBooks Store.
- BLS Provider Manual, includes a BLS Reference Card
- BLS Provider Manual eBook, includes a Digital BLS Reference Card
- BLS Instructor Manual - Only available as eBook
- BLS Course DVD Set - Please contact a distributor for details
Course Format and Exam
In the Instructor-led format, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam in class.
In the blended learning format, students take the cognitive portion online and schedule a Skills Practice Session and Skills Test with an AHA instructor. Click "Take Course Online" to learn more.
Course Completion Card Type
American Heart Association BLS course completion card, valid for 2 years
There are no updates available for this product.