Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED
For anyone with limited or no medical training who needs to learn how to respond to and manage a first aid, choking or sudden cardiac arrest emergency in the first few minutes until emergency responders or healthcare professionals take over. Students learn skills such as how to treat bleeding, sprains, broken bones, shock and other first aid emergencies. This course also teaches adult CPR and AED use.
Intended for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
Content and Modules
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Use an epinephrine pen
- Control bleeding and bandaging
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Optional modules: Child and Infant CPR
- Optional written exam
Course Completion Card Type
AHA Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED course completion card is valid for 2 years.