Courses & Guidelines:
- Basic Life Support
- ACLS Provider Course
- ACLS for Experienced Providers
- PALS Provider Course
- Heartsaver® CPR AED
- Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED
- Family & Friends® CPR
- 2020 Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care for Healthcare Providers
- 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Hands-Only CPR
- PEARS Provider Course
- Online Certificate Course in Management of Hypertension
Basic Life Support
BLS is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. The AHA’s BLS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. This video-based, Instructor-led course teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both in-facility and prehospital settings.
This is the International English version of the BLS Course. The training materials have been adapted to include metric units of measure and other references that apply to students outside the U.S. and Canada.
For healthcare professionals who need the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner.
Content and Modules
- Importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Application of the steps of the Chain of Survival
- Signs of someone needing CPR
- High-quality CPR skills acquisition for adults, children and infants
- Importance of early use of an AED
- AED skill demonstration
- Effective ventilations with a barrier device
- Multirescuer resuscitation and skill acquisition
- Techniques for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults, children and infants
Course Completion Card Type
American Heart Association BLS course completion card, valid for 2 years
Benefits of eLearning
The American Heart Association offers eLearning and blended learning courses to provide complete, flexible training solutions.
Students are able to complete online training at their own pace, while companies and healthcare organizations can overcome obstacles such as scheduling, reaching remote employees and diverse learning styles.
Learn more about the eLearning course HERE