Courses & Guidelines:
- Basic Life Support
- ACLS Provider Course
- ACLS for Experienced Providers
- PALS Provider Course
- Heartsaver® CPR AED
- Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED
- Family & Friends® CPR
- 2020 Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care for Healthcare Providers
- 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Hands-Only CPR
- PEARS Provider Course
PALS Provider Course
The AHA’s PALS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2020 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC. This classroom, Instructor-led course uses a series of videos and simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation, and team dynamics. The goal of the PALS Course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes. This is the International English (IVE) version of the PALS Course. IVE training materials have been updated to include metric units of measure and other references that do not apply to students in the US and Canada.
For healthcare providers who respond to emergencies in infants and children. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units, such as physicians, nurses, paramedics and others who need a PALS course completion card for job or other requirements.
Content and Modules
- High-quality Child CPR AED and Infant CPR
- Recognition of patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognition of cardiopulmonary arrest early and application of CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiation between respiratory distress and failure
- Early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiation between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiation between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Post–cardiac arrest management
Course Completion Card Type
AHA PALS Provider course completion card, valid for 2 years.
Benefits of eLearning
The American Heart Association offers eLearning and blended learning courses to provide complete, flexible training solutions.
Students are able to complete online training at their own pace, while companies and healthcare organizations can overcome obstacles such as scheduling, reaching remote employees and diverse learning styles.
Learn more HERE