Courses & Guidelines:
- Basic Life Support
- ACLS Provider Course
- ACLS for Experienced Providers
- PALS Provider Course
- Heartsaver® CPR AED
- Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED
- Family & Friends® CPR
- 2020 Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care for Healthcare Providers
- 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Hands-Only CPR
- PEARS Provider Course
- Online Certificate Course in Management of Hypertension
PEARS Provider Course
The AHA’s PEARS (Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization) Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC. In this classroom-based, Instructor-led course, students learn how to use a systematic approach to quickly assess, recognize the cause, and stabilize a pediatric patient in an emergency situation.
The goal of the PEARS Provider Course is to improve outcomes for pediatric patients by preparing healthcare providers in assessment, early recognition, prompt communication, and initial intervention in patients with respiratory emergencies, shock, and cardiopulmonary arrest by using high-performance team dynamics.
This is the International English (IVE) version of the PEARS Course. IVE training materials have been updated to include metric units of measure and other references that do not apply to students in the US and Canada.
For healthcare providers and others who might encounter pediatric emergency situations during their work, including: Physicians and nurses not specializing in pediatrics, Nurse practitioners, Physician assistant, Emergency medical technicians, Respiratory therapists, Prehospital and in-hospital healthcare providers (outside of critical-care areas), Outpatient clinic staff and School-based providers.
Content and Modules
- Systematic pediatric assessment
- Recognition and stabilization of respiratory emergencies
- Recognition and stabilization of shock emergencies
- Recognition and stabilization of cardiopulmonary arrest
- Resuscitation team concept
Course Completion Card
AHA PEARS Provider course completion card, valid for 2 years.
Benefits of eLearning
The American Heart Association offers eLearning and blended learning courses to provide complete, flexible training solutions.
Students are able to complete online training at their own pace, while companies and healthcare organizations can overcome obstacles such as scheduling, reaching remote employees and diverse learning styles.
Learn more about the eLearning course HERE