Courses & Guidelines:
- Basic Life Support
- ACLS Provider Course
- ACLS for Experienced Providers
- PALS Provider Course
- Heartsaver® CPR AED
- Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED
- Family & Friends® CPR
- 2020 Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care for Healthcare Providers
- 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Hands-Only CPR
- PEARS Provider Course
- Online Certificate Course in Management of Hypertension
In a cardiac arrest, every second counts. A cardiac arrest can happen anywhere, often while at home, at work or at play. And the victim is likely to be someone you know and love. Every minute CPR is delayed, a victim’s chance of survival decreases by 10%. Immediate CPR from someone nearby can double – even triple – their chance of survival.
Remember these two steps if you see a teen or adult suddenly collapse:
- Call your local emergency response number
- Push hard and fast in the center of the chest
Push to the beat of a song that is at least 100 beats per minute. Continue pushing hard and fast in the center of the chest until help arrives
The American Heart Association is committed to help everybody learn the simple steps of lifesaving Hands-Only CPR – and we need your help! Take 60 seconds and watch the Hands-Only CPR video. Then share it with family and friends. Together we can help save more lives.
Download the Frequently Asked Questions document to learn more about Hands-Only CPR.
Create your own event
Create your own Hands-Only CPR event! Download the promotional poster and email.
Find a class
Learn CPR with breaths, first aid and the skills of Hands-Only CPR in an American Heart Association Family & Friends® CPR or a Heartsaver® CPR AED class. Visit the Global Class Connector to find an authorized AHA training center near you.